When choosing a healthy lifestyle, it is important to prioritize certain types of sports. Hockey today is one of the favorite subjects of many active people.
Everything about field hockey: Rules And Some Game Secrets
Field Hockey – Rules of the game
Even a child can learn to play hockey, because of this, you need to know the rules of the game:
- Composition group: The team consists of a goalkeeper, two defenders, three midfielders, five strikers. Two alternate players can only be used once throughout the game.
- Playing time: Usually, hockey players just start to care about how long hockey lasts. For adults, each such match consists of two phases of thirty-five minutes at a time. For boys – two half-hour periods and for children – two twenty-five-minute periods with a break of ten minutes.
- Target: As a rule of the game, a goal is scored when the ball completely crosses the finish line, or when one of the attackers hits the ball in the attacking circle. At the same time, it’s not allowed to push and step on the opponent’s leg.
This can be judged to be a legion game and, as a result, is punished. When the players’ actions pose a danger to themselves, the umpire will signal with a whistling sound. Also, as a rule, it is forbidden to block the road and block the opponent.
- The ball is out of the game: When the ball is out of the sidelines, it is brought into the match by an opponent’s hockey player. All other players need a distance of no more than four meters from the ball.
- Corner kick: Assigned when the ball is outside the goal line outside the goal, while bouncing off the player.
- The customary free kick will specify if the defensive team’s players violate direct rules in the area of the shock circle.
- Leaving the game: each player in the opponent’s half of the field can become when there are no three players from the opposing team between the team line and the goal line in the past.
- Erase: When observing a player’s irresponsible behavior, they can be removed for five minutes or for the entire duration of the game.
Favorite for children and adults, hockey games provide special equipment. Here you can do without a club, a ball and special clothes. Players of the same team should be wearing the same. In this case, the goalkeeper shirt must be different. All players can wear:
- Special protective gloves
- Shin guards,
- tooth protection plate,
- special shoes
- Smooth protective mask.
Goalkeepers must have:
- shoe cover
- elbow piece
- goalie shorts.
- hockey sticks
It is generally accepted that a hockey stick should weigh between 340 and 794 g. In terms of length, there are no restrictions. On average, it is 85-90 cm. The club hook is made of walnut or mulberry, acacia, or ash.
The veins of the tree at the bend must necessarily be parallel to the outer surface. Otherwise, the bar may easily crack. For the same reason, it should not be wrapped.
I can’t play field hockey without the ball. Its diameter is no more than 7.4 cm. Weight – within 156-163 g. As a rule, the ball must be painted entirely white or painted white stripes.
The core of the ball is made of cork and felt. Under the influence of moisture, such a ball can change its weight and quickly lose its former form.
The world-famous hockey sport involves the use of a player’s special shield. They are an element of hockey equipment that protects the knee joint, caviar, and lower leg of a hockey player. These include a calyx and a matching shin.
Additional elements of the hockey shield – cushion lining and special adjustable straps. Often there is also a protective layer on the side of the lower leg, which can protect the calf muscles. The hockey shield is wide and narrow. The former has a larger and narrower inner radius.
To play hockey on the field, it is important to choose high-quality shoes. Experienced athletes choose sneakers for hockey. They certainly have to be comfortable, and there is no movement restriction in the game.
In this case, you do not need to buy “margin” shoes. Otherwise, sneakers will cause a lot of inconvenience, and it is unlikely to enjoy this game. You can buy such special shoes in a specialized store.
What is the difference between ice hockey and field hockey?
- Passing: In ice hockey, the puck can move much faster than any player can skate, so you can pass the ball to someone near any distance or angle. In field hockey, the ball moves much slower than every player can run, so you only have to pass vertically and horizontally and mostly at shorter distances to ensure that the opposing team does not block the pass.
- Ball/Ball possession: In ice hockey, skating with a push on your stick is not much harder than skating without the ball. You can still achieve the same speed whether you own the ball or not, so when you break up or are skating, and someone from the opposing team is chasing you, the skater is faster than himself will win the 99% race of time.
In field hockey, it’s hard to run at full speed while maintaining control and possession of the ball. Hockey sticks are quite short, so you have to bend over, slow you down. All opponents will chase you by running normally, much faster than running while being bent.
- Speed: This is very simple: ice hockey is played on ice and field hockey is played on grass or grass. Ice hockey takes place on the ice, allowing the game to run extremely fast. A hockey ball can be fired up to 90 mph (at a professional level) and again, not as fast as ice skating.
The main difference here is that even high school hockey players can hit a rate of about 80 mph on a regular basis, while in field hockey, most middle-class players Learning I’ve seen, even some D1 players, can not hit the ball much faster than about 30mph.
- Characteristics and rules: Ice hockey is more a sport than field hockey. There are no rules on how you can contact other players, as long as that doesn’t involve their heads, injuring them, or bad intentions. In hockey, you will be penalized for simply boxing someone. You can’t play the ball in a very dangerous way, while in ice hockey, you can shoot the ball anywhere and whoever you choose.
In field hockey, you can’t play with anything other than the front of the club, which means no body parts, no legs, no arms, and no backhand.
In ice hockey, you can actually play ball with any part of your body or stick, you can’t use your body to score goals, and you can’t use your hands to perform it pass.
In ice hockey, you can score a goal from any position on the entire surface of the ice, but in field hockey, you can only score if you’re in the striking circle.
Top 5 Hockey Stick of 2020
Today we will be introducing to you the best field hockey sticks for a midfielder that will benefit from while playing the game. Hockey sticks are essential materials. Every player needs to reach the perfect target. Usually, the midfielder plays offensive and wants to move the ball forward to score a few points.
You ought to be defensive as a midfielder on the go to not encourage the defendant’s opponent squad to score the same. It is good to have the right hockey sticks that are not very light but solid enough to help you handle with excellent grip.
The stick will also deliver a decent reverse singing. It will give you sufficient trapping dribbling and more ease to make more than normal hits.
Let’s test the most appropriate midfield hockey sticks.
Grays surf 500 hockey stick for midfielder
- Made with thin light Mulberry wood
- Comes with maxi tow to give more power to the stick while hitting
- Great introductory field hockey kit
- Reverse stick control
- Surf 500 hockey stick is excellent
TK total 3 junior field hockey stick
- gets a complete fiberglass body for a lightweight body
- offers excellent control
- traction control technology
- it provides a blend composition: 95% Fiberglass, 5% Aramid
Gray’s GX 750 hockey stick for midfielder
- a first composite for the Gray’s line of products
- the stick gets a fiberglass content
- more power and durability
- gets a sturdy grip
- bows which help to deliver perfect shots
TK total 3.5 innovate hockey stick
- comes primarily with a fiberglass body for a soft touch
- more powerful control for hitting the ball
- increased maneuverability
- 360-degree skillset
Read more: Hockey wrap around comparison: ICE vs. ONE
STX field hockey stick for midfielder
- a super quality of field hockey stick
- meets all the NFHS field hockey regulations
- gets ASTM certification
- available in sizes of 34, 35 and 36
Puck Drawn Hockey has just share with you some information about the field hockey, the difference between ice hockey and field hockey, and the best field hockey sticks. Let’s refer to this article to understand more about hockey and find out for you the best hockey stick.